RESTORATION PHOTO GALLERY
ENTRANCE TO CAMP TOCCOA
CIRCA 1942- 1945
Above: Entrance to Camp Toccoa after restoration
Right: Drone view of the regimental monuments across the street from the Camp Toccoa entrance.>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Entrance to Camp Toccoa before restoration
REGIMENTAL HEADQUARTERS RESTORATIONS
CIRCA 1942- 1945
A pavilion was constructed from the ground up to serve as a meeting and gathering place.
Pavilion before Images
Preparing the site for construction
Pavilion Construction Images
grading, slab, building, roof
Barrack 1 (506th) completed and the foundations for additional barracks.
Barrack 4 (517th) reconstruction
Restoration of Barrack 1 (506th) making it ready for year around use by Roesch Construction.
- Interior walls, painting , window trim and rear entry handicap ramp completed
- HVAC system installed by C & A Service, Inc. Gas lines installed by the City of Toccoa
- Electrical completed by Hank Hayes Electrical Contractor
- Dirt was excavated around the barracks compliments of the Phillips Group
Restoration of Barrack 4 (517th) by Carlton Lowry and William Tucker
- Original windows, including glass from original buildings are glazed and painted. Three have been installed with the remainder ready installed in early Dec. 2020.
- Soffit boards installed
- Future storage rooms
- Gutters have been added
- Handicap Accessible ramps added
- Thanks to a generous donation of $5,000 from Harbin Lumbar and the volunteer efforts of a Carlton Lowry led team of William Tucker, Mark McGinnis and Matthew Lathan the 517th (barrack 4) at CTaC now has a new exterior of siding that matches the pavilion and the 506th (barrack 1). CTaC plans to get it painted right away. Some on the interior walls, original windows from Camp Toccoa and insulation have been installed as well.